"Lucena Research has
boosted the credibility of our
data through empirical evidence."
- Evan A. Schnidman, Founder and CEO of Prattle Analytics
Financial Services, Text Analytics
Alternative Data Case Study Overview
Prattle Analytics Gained Actionable Insights
From Validated Alternative Data
Business Needs from Prattle
- Find an objective third party to validate & backtest the predictive power of Prattle’s data.
- Grow target market & allow fund managers the ability to leverage actionable signals derived from data.
- Streamline data consumption for fund managers; develop efficient access channel to Prattle’s unique data for inclusion in the investment process.
- Lucena’s research provided an unbiased, 3rd party, empirical evidence of Prattle’s value proposition. Prattle’s data was validated in; completeness, symbology, model consistency and survivorship bias.
- Backtested out of sample to validate signals’ predictive strength and actionability both at the Macro Level, Equity Level, and for G-10 foreign exchange pairs.
- Combined Prattle’s data with technical and fundamental data through machine learning time series classification to provide composite signals.
- Provided new audience for Prattle through Lucena’s QuantDesk® customer base. Subscribers gained exposure and ultimately license engagement of Prattle’s unique, enhanced data.