We are growing
At Lucena, we offer
We are always on the hunt for new talents
At Lucena , we are a team of experts on a mission to change the wealth management industry. With ground breaking data science and predictive analytics our business is rapidly growing. We are looking for new passionate enthusiasts to join our team.
Quantitative Analyst / Software Developer
Atlanta, GA (Midtown)- Full Time
If you are a technologist who possess natural curiosity and a passion for solving difficult problems, we want to talk to you!
We are a team of technology experts who built an advanced predictive analytics platform geared to revolutionize the wealth management and investment world.
About Lucena Research
Lucena connects alternative data providers with investment professionals who seek advanced data intelligence. Our decision support platform QuantDesk aggregates signals from leading data providers. The signals enable investment professionals to find and exploit market opportunities with precision and scientifically validate their investment approaches before risking capital.
Senior Quant Developer — Atlanta, GA (Midtown or Downtown)
Engagement Type – Full time
Lucena is seeking a skilled quantitative analytics developer. The successful candidate will work with our team to deploy advanced deep nets technology and extend the capabilities of a cloud-based financial decision-support engine. The focus is on our back-end algorithms that process financial data to provide machine learning based forecasts, portfolio optimization, and more.
Candidates should have a deep understanding of modem dynamically distributed application architecture both traditional client server and web standards. Applicant should have a strong understanding of software development life cycle. Strong overall communication and documentation skills are required. Applicant should be able to participate in both technical and non-technical discussions. We are looking for someone highly motivated, able to self- manage, and work well in a team environment.
- Experience in numerical analysis development in Python, Pandas, NumPy, sklearn
- Experience developing and deploying code in Linux environments
- Experience with collaborative development tools such as SVN, and git
- Good understanding of machine learning and data science concepts
- Good understanding of applied statistics (distributions, statistical test, etc…) and probability
- Experience with Time Series analysis (Arima, Holtz Winters)
- Some Software development experience (Java, C, or Python)
- Graduate engineering or CS degree
A Big Plus
- Neural network development using Keras for Tensorflow, Pytorch
- Experience with CNN (Convolutional Neural Nets) and RNN (Recurrent Neural Nets)
- Experience with Big Data ETL, Spark, Hadoop
- Experience in data aggregation, feature engineering, data mining
- Machine Learning or Data Science experience.
- Experience developing financial applications.
- RDBMS Database experience (MySQL etc…)
- Amazon Web Services experience.
- Unix system administration and configuration background
Atlanta, GA (Midtown)- Part Time
About Lucena Research
Lucena Research brings hedge fund technology to financial advisors and high net-worth traders.
Our web-based AI decision support technology enables investors to find market opportunities and to reduce risk in their portfolio through the following products:
- Advanced event scanning
- Technical and fundamental quantitative pattern analysis
- Strategy validation and fine tuning through back testing
- Optimal portfolio allocation recommendation
- Hedging tactics
We are a team of technology experts founded out of GA Tech and are now looking to extend our team with a complimentary skill set and out-of-the-box thinkers. We need your help to build the next great platform to revolutionize the underserved wealth management and private investment world.
UX Designer – Atlanta, GA (Midtown)
Engagement Type – Full time or 1099
Applicant should have a deep understanding of modern dynamic web application architecture and web standards. Applicant should have a strong understanding of agile or lean software development processes including requirements analysis, technical design, scoping, and estimating. Strong overall communication and documentation skills are required. Applicant should be able to lead and participate in both technical and non-technical discussions. Applicant should be highly motivated, able to self-manage, and able to work well in a team environment.
- Experience in UCD (User Centered Design) process.
- Experience in working as UX Designer on a team delivering Web or Tablet applications. (Not just websites)
- Expertise with modern web development technologies and paradigms
- Excellent communication skills (both Oral and Written)
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Proven track record of technical innovation and out of the box thinking
- Excellent creative and visual design skills.
- Can create graphic assets and wireframes in a pinch.
- Proficient in at least one of the following:
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Photoshop
- Microsoft Visio
- Google Drawing
- An available portfolio illustrating the above.
A Big Plus
- Experience with user experience of rich client web based (not browser based) applications.
- Experience with dynamic information architecture presentation such as graphs and grids.
Interpersonal/Team Skills: Excellent communication skills. Work closely with cross-disciplinary teams.
Compensation: Situation specific but competitive and commensurate with experience and skill level.
Experience: 2+ years
Education: Bachelor’s degree.
VP of Sales & Marketing
Atlanta, GA (Midtown)- Part Time
About Lucena Research
Lucena Research, a spin off GA Tech, brings hedge fund technology to portfolio managers and investment professionals. Our artificial intelligence (AI) decision support engine enables investors to find market opportunities and to reduce risk in their portfolios through big data predictive analytics.
Our technology applies machine learning technology on multiple orthogonal technical, fundamental and 3rd party data sources and provides a scientific approach to securities trend formation, portfolio allocation recommendations, event analysis and hedging tactics.
We are a team of technologists and scientists looking to strengthen our business with a dedicated and professional business development executive.
We are looking for a charismatic and experienced individual to help us build market awareness and expand our subscription base to our cloud platform, model portfolios and professional services.
Our next generation machine learning technology is poised to revolutionize the investment industry. We are looking for an individual with an entrepreneurial mindset ready to roll up his/her sleeves and make an immediate & substantial impact on a promising & emerging business.
BDE — Full Time
The BDE will initially report to the CEO and eventually may become or will report to the EVP of Sales.
We are looking for an accomplished and charismatic professional whose performance will be central to our success in meeting customer acquisition projections and revenue goals.
He/she will be responsible for sales & marketing and other business development activities, including but not limited to:
1) Following Lucena’s 4-step sales processes.
2) Identify and groom new prospects and maintain a healthy pipeline.
3) Help with demo and presentation to prospective clients.
4) Construct proposals and help negotiate final engagement agreements.
5) Serve as a liaison between prospects/customers and development team and help to identify software improvements to satisfy existing engagements and secure new engagements.
6) Execute to expected performance metrics:
a. # Of meetings per week
b. # Of P-1 / Initial demos
c. $ Pipeline
d. $ Booking
7) As the business grows the BDE may be groomed to Lucena’s EVP of Sales & Marketing and he/she will have the opportunity to expand his/her responsibilities by hiring, mentoring and leading other sales professionals
8) The BDE will work closely with the CEO to develop bus dev & marketing budgets and sales strategies.
9) The BDE along with the CEO will also facilitate our partners & indirect sales channel strategy. Specifically, we expect to add at least one significant channel partner each year.
Lucena believes in leading by example and hence Lucena’s CEO along with the BDE will be required to own his/her own pipeline and meet certain projected sales quota.
- Build and foster a healthy pipeline of potential customers and / or partners
- Execute and Drive the development of sales strategies and sales process.
- Secure engagements of at least 25 new accounts per year
- Establish relationship and manage indirect sales and distribution channels.
- Secure engagement of at least 1 channel partner per year.
- Maintain relationships with key customer and develop and implement strategies for customer retention.
- Manage marketing protocols to develop and execute lead programs.
- Adhere to overall sales process, set appropriate metrics for sales funnel management.
- Assist in training and mentoring of new sales staff.
- Be a role model and drive Company’s culture.
- Because we are selling technologically sophisticated solutions to sophisticated clients, a successful candidate will have deep experience in wealth management, investment strategies and technical trading technologies.
- At least 2 years of business development or sales experience in financial industries. Software sales experience is a big plus.
- Established contacts and relationships with potential customers and channel partners.
- Outstanding consultative selling abilities and excellent interpersonal skills with executive level customers and partners.
- Proven evangelical sales track record in a new product/new market environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create results driven, team oriented environment.
- Experience with a specific sales methodology, sales funnel management and CRM software.
- Capacity to assume more significant executive responsibilities over time.
Bachelor’s degree. MBA or MA preferred.
- Commensurate with experience
- Compensation structure: Base pay, commission
Apply for a position