75 5th Street NW
Atlanta, GA 30308
Senior Web Software Developer
About Lucena Research
Lucena Research brings hedge fund technology to financial advisors and high net-worth traders.
Our web-based-artificial- Intelligence decision support technology enables investors to find market opportunities and to reduce risk in their portfolio through the following products:
- Advanced event scanning
- Technical and fundamental quantitative pattern analysis
- Strategy validation and fine tuning through back testing
- Optimal portfolio allocation recommendation
- Hedging tactics
We are a team of technology experts founded out of GA Tech and are now looking to extend our team with a complimentary skill set and out-of-the-box thinkers. We need you to help us build the next generation “Killer App” tailored to revolutionize the underserved wealth management and private investment world.
Senior Web Software Developer – Atlanta, GA (Midtown or Downtown)
Engagement Type – Full time or Contract to Hire
Applicant should have a deep understanding of modern dynamic distributed application architecture both traditional client server and web standards. Applicant should have a strong understanding of object-oriented design and full lifecycle and agile software development processes including requirements analysis, technical design, scoping, and estimating. Strong overall communication and documentation skills are required. Applicant should be able to participate in both technical and non-technical discussions. Applicant should be highly motivated, able to self-manage, and able to work well in a team environment.
- Expertise with modern web development technologies and paradigms
- Expertise in one or more server-side languages (C#, PHP, Java, Python, etc.)
- RDBMS Experience in one of the following: MYSQL, Oracle, SQL Server, SQLITE
- Expertise with object-oriented development and design patterns
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Proven track record of technical innovation and out of the box thinking
A big plus:
- Experience in: BackBone, DustJS, HighChart, and coffee script
- Knowledge of RDBMS Technology (E&R diagram, Indexes, Referential Integrity and DB performance optimization)
- Experience with mission critical web applications
- Knowledge of other languages and frameworks (C#, Dot Net, Django, Hibernate, Structs, Spring, Ruby, etc)
- Experience with Graphing Component and Financial Applications.
- Interpersonal/Team Skills: Excellent communication skills. Work closely with cross-disciplinary teams.
- Experience: 2+ years
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or technology/engineering.
- WordPress development experience is a big plus.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience and skill level.
Please email your resume and credentials to firstname.lastname@example.org