75 5th Street NW
Atlanta, GA 30308
Senior Quantitative Developer
About Lucena Research
Lucena Research brings hedge fund technology to financial advisors and high net-worth traders.
Our web-based-artificial- Intelligence decision support technology enables investors to find market opportunities and to reduce risk in their portfolio through the following products:
- Advanced event scanning
- Technical and fundamental quantitative pattern analysis
- Strategy validation and fine tuning through back testing
- Optimal portfolio allocation recommendation
- Hedging tactics
We are a team of technology experts founded out of GA Tech and are now looking to extend our team with a complimentary skill set and out-of-the-box thinkers. We need you to help us build the next generation “Killer App” tailored to revolutionize the underserved wealth management and private investment world.
Senior Quant Developer – Atlanta, GA (Midtown or Downtown)
Engagement Type – Full time
Lucena is seeking an skilled quantitative analytics developer. The successful candidate will work with our team to support and extend the capabilities of a cloud-based financial decision-support system. The focus is on our back end software that processes complex financial data to provide Machine Learning-based forecasts and recommendations to hedge fund and wealth management clients.
Candidates should have a deep understanding of modern dynamic distributed application architecture both traditional client server and web standards. Applicant should have a strong understanding of lifecycle software development processes including requirements analysis, technical design, scoping, and estimating. Strong overall communication and documentation skills are required. Applicant should be able to participate in both technical and non-technical discussions. Applicant should be highly motivated, able to self-manage, and able to work well in a team environment.
- Experience in numerical analysis development in MATLAB or Python.
- Experience developing and deploying code in Linux environments.
- Experience with collaborative development tools such as SVN, and git.
- Basic understanding of statistics.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
A big plus:
- Machine Learning or Data Mining experience.
- Experience developing financial applications.
- Experience with SciPy, NumPy and Pandas.
- Database experience.
- Amazon Web Services experience.
- Unix system administration and configuration background.
- Graduate engineering or CS degree.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience and skill level.
Please email your resume and credentials to firstname.lastname@example.org